Thursday, January 5, 2012

Celestial Fireworks

I watched the meteor shower the other night.
It began around 2:30 am, and I had to wait a long time before I saw any of them.  
Just sat and stared into the darkness, dotted with the brilliant twinkle twinkles from the little stars.
I love that feeling of looking up at the sky, being swallowed by the enormity and complexity of it all, putting into perspective all of the petty little blah blah blahs of my normal blah blah day.  
The night was quiet, and breezy, and perfect.
After a while, I started seeing streaks of light across the sky...celestial fireworks...and it was quite exhilarating and beautiful.
I sat and watched until the winds picked up and chilled me, and my neck began to cramp from looking upward.
And as I slipped into bed at 5 am with a smile on my lips, I was grateful for the reminder that the universe is so much larger than my blahs.
That there is beauty, and light, and brilliance out there all the time.
I just have to wait and watch sometimes...
and maybe even catch a chill, or cramp my neck in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment