Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tri-Tip

I made a great dinner tonight, if I do say so myself...and I do.
I had purchased a tri-tip roast, and I marinated it last night in soy sauce, a little red wine, salt, pepper, a bay leaf, rosemary, and minced garlic.  I did add a tiny bit of vegetable oil to it as well, but a very minimal amount because I knew the roast had some fat on it.
Tonight I let it sit out of the fridge for a bit, then cranked the oven to 425 and popped it in for about 20 minutes.  It got a very nice sear on it by then, so I covered it at that point and turned the oven down to 350.  
It cooked for another 20 minutes or so, until it was 135 inside.  
I removed it from the oven, tented it with foil, and let it sit so the juices would redistribute.
We had baked up some potatoes with it, and I roasted Brussels sprouts with olive oil and salt and pepper.  
It was a good hearty meat and potatoes non-processed meal, and it was actually not that difficult to throw together.
(The best part was...Pat did the dishes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment