Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chips Ahoy

Have you ever felt like all you needed was for someone to wrap their arms around you & tell you everything is going to be okay?
I seem to be surrounded by a giant magnification mirror pointing out all of my flaws...the things I know very well are there but try not to dwell on.

And I wonder why I turn to food for comfort.  I don't drink (anymore), I don't smoke (anymore), but damnit a bag of Chips Ahoy cookies will always be there to comfort me when I am at my lowest.  The feeling may not last long, and is usually followed by guilt and disgust with myself for the hundreds of calories I consumed in like five seconds, but I do it anyway because it is a quick fix.   And then I get into a cycle of beating myself up for eating them, mix that with the other stresses of life, and the need for comfort starts all over again.

Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment